Monday, January 1, 2018

THOUGHTS FOR THE NEW YEAR

As we turn the page to a new calendar year, we often think of making certain changes in our lives. It is a good time to assess where we are to help us better know how to get where we want to go. As followers of Jesus, one of our main goals should be Christlikeness - being like the Master we profess to follow and serve. We should regularly examine our lives so we know where we are in our growth toward Christian maturity. Below are some basic questions to ask ourselves as we assess our current place on our journey toward. If we are honest with ourselves and with God, we will see areas that we, with the Lord's help, need to work on in this new year. I call the "Measuring Sticks of Maturity."
Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. - 2 Corinthians 13:5

Ask yourself:
1. How abundantly do I bear the fruit of the Spirit? (Galatians 5:22,23)
2. How broadly do I love?
3. How quickly do I forgive?
4. How easily am I offended?
5. How hastily do I judge?
6. How willingly do I serve?
7. How faithfully do I keep commitments?
8. How generously do I give?
9. How contently do I live?
10. How patiently do I endure hardship?

If you are like me, perhaps you see some areas in your life that could stand to see some growth. As we enter this new year, may the Lord work in us to make us more like Jesus.

No comments: