Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Presence of God

Recently somebody said on a discussion page: "We don't need the presence [of God] in material objects external to us when we have the presence internally dwelling in us 24/7."

My response was as follows:
"Wow! Just, wow!

"I speak only for myself here:

"If I couldn't see/sense God's Presence beyond myself, in external things, people, situations, etc., my life would be pretty pathetic, my Christianity would be shallow, and my spirituality empty.

"I am just an insignificant, tiny vessel with an extremely limited capacity. I may be Spirit-filled, but it takes such a micro-minuscule portion of the boundless, limitless Spirit of God to fill me. There is so much more of His Presence outside of my puny life and limited understanding: a whole universe actually. A thimble full of water would be foolish to say there is no ocean beyond itself. If I can't see God's Presence in His creation, or in other people, or in external 'things,' then I am blind and need healing in so many ways.

"You may be satisfied to limit the Presence of God to the Spirit within you, I am not. I hope I never come to that point in my life."

No comments: