Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reminders for Ministers

I was going through some old pocket notebooks and stumbled across the following list. I jotted these down at a ministers and spouse retreat a few years back and though I'd pass them along. If I recall correctly, they list was given by Pastor Dave Williams of Mount Hope Church of Lansing, MI. There's something here for everyone.

For lack of the original title, I'll simply call the list, "Reminders for Ministers."

1. You must work at staying simple and uncluttered
2. It is better to look for symptoms of health rather than sickness
3. Love your work or find work you do
4. Use your mouth to speak faith, encouragement and cheer to others
5. I can defy the odds if God is working with me
6. Make decisions unashamedly
7. I have to keep getting up again
8. I can't give up on humanity because I was hurt by another person
9. God's mercy endures forever
10. In life I can never succeed alone
11. Be suspicious of all my first impressions
12. Learn the power of focus
13. I have to take time for privacy and rest
14. Focus on the important, not just on the urgent
15. Seek God early
16. The "victim mentality" never brings increase, but ensures decrease
17. Unless I keep expanding, growing and developing, I will level off and die
18. The true meaning of the New Testament staff and board
19. Jesus will multiply what you have if you give Him what you have
20. It's a sin to be good when God has called you to be great
21. There are only two wills in the universe: God's and some other
22. I must understand the "seasons"
23. Always ask questions
24. Try to annihilate fear and anxiety
25. If I don't want to be lost, I need to hang out with those who know where they are going





No comments: