Saturday, December 6, 2008

Take my life... Please!

Ok! So the title of this post is a play on words of the well known Henny Youngman quote and the title of his autobiography. But, "Take My Life" is the title of the the following Frances R. Havergal hymn.

Take My Life

Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love

Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King

Take my silver and my gold
not a mite would I withhold
Take my moments and my days
Let them flow in ceaseless praise

Take my will, and make it Thine
It shall be no longer mine
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne

Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee

Now, ask yourself, "Is this just a song we sing once in a while in church? Or, is this truly the prayer and desire of my heart?"

Consider printing out the words of this song and and putting them in your Bible to be used as a prayer of personal commitment and dedication of yourself to the Lord. You might choose to do this daily, weekly or simply from time to time. Think about it.

No comments: