Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My new blog

Well, I went and started a blog. This is quite a step for me, not being very computer savvy. In this blog I will be sharing my various thoughts and insights on: faith, prayer, Scripture, the Christian life and a variety of other topics. At first, there may be no rhyme or reason to what I write. Perhaps at some point my thoughts and writings will be more organized.


At times I feel like somewhat of an oddball. I am unapologetically Protestant, Evangelical and Pentecostal, yet I am drawn to the idea of monasticism and liturgy. I see great beauty and value in these practices that have been either overlooked or cast aside by much of what we call "the Church."


In this blog I will share gleanings from my reading and observations. Many of my readers may not agree with these thoughts of mine, but the thoughts will reflect where I am presently at in my walk with the Lord. We are all on a spiritual journey, yes, even those who don't believe there is a spiritual aspect of human life. Here I will share the things I see from my path of life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. Benjamin Ingham enters the 21st century.

Anonymous said...

I liked your statement - "I am unapologetically Protestant, Evangelical and Pentecostal". I consider myself in that category also, as I was once in a church for 34 years that still considers itself to be 'THE CHURCH'. The only Bible verse I learned in all those years, and that was only a few words from the verse,was from Genesis 23.3 - "he saddled his ass". I look at the bible a little differently today - as Jesus said "the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life". John 6.63 God bless you.